After completing this practical workshop you will be able to use Rational Developer for i for writing, maintaining and debugging RPG(LE) or Cobol programs.
You will learn how this eclipse based development tool can help you finding the right sources and objects, writing new programs and understanding and debugging existing programs.
During this workshop you will use a connection to your own IBM i environment.
After learning best practices for setting up your RDi environment, you will learn to use the extensive supporting features of Rational Developer for i and the on-line help to write, compile and debug new RPGLE or Cobol programs and to understand and maintain existing programs.
This course covers the following topics:
- Part 1: Introduction and overview
- Part 2: Getting started with RDi
- Part 3: PDM perspective
- Part 4: Remote Systems Explorer (RSE)
- Part 5: Getting Help
- Part 6: LPEX editor
- Part 7: Visual debugger
- Part 8: DDS Design
- Part 9: Preferences and more
- Part 10: Useful shortcuts
- Part 11: References
Skills to be learned:
- Use Rational Developer for i to write, compile and debug new RPGLE or Cobol programs and to understand and maintain existing programs
- Learn useful features for faster development and better analysis of your sources
- Change the preferences in RDi for an optimal work environment
- Handouts and slides (>200) containing screenshots and examples
EASI is an official training provider, recognised by the Flemish government's 'KMO-portefeuille'.