As a System Engineer IBM i Power, your mission is to use your analytical and technical skills to identify and understand the specific needs of the customer. You will be responsible for deploying IBM i Power Systems that provide the customer with a high-performance on-premise or cloud IT infrastructure.
Customer contact and technical implementations will be an important part of your daily work. As a System Engineer IBM Power, you will be part of our Managed IT Solutions (MIT) team.
And if you like this job, you might as well do it at the Best Workplace in Belgium since 2015! ;-)
After a thorough and customized training you are capable of the following:
- Implement infrastructure improvements at our customers (maintenance, updates, upgrades, propose new solutions)
- Implementing and configuring the latest infrastructure solutions (virtualization, backup, storage, disaster recovery, servers ...)
- Analyzing complex problems & problem-solving (hardware-, OS-, firmware- or software-related)
- Building a good relationship with our customers and providing professional advice
- Proposing, designing and implementing new projects
At first, you will be assisted by a medior/senior colleague to learn the tricks of the trade. Depending on your personal evolution and preference, you can evolve towards Senior/Expert System Engineer.
- Bachelor or Master degree in IT
- Good problem solving, organizational and listening skills
- Very good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Be communicative and love customer contact
- 0 to 10 years of experience as an IBM i System Engineer
- Bilingualism NL/FR
- Curious, independent attitude
- Experience or knowledge of one of the following technologies and vendors: IBM AIX, IBM VIOS, IBM Flashsystems, Brocade SAN, Dell PowerProtect ...
- Flexible mindset & willing to do interventions outside normal working hours
Competitive salary package with fringe benefits:
- Company car with fuel card for unlimited use
- Meal allowances
- Hospitalization insurance Alan: innovative, transparent and paperless health partner. Ability to add outpatient and dental insurance (specialists, doctors, dentists,...) at a lower cost than if taken separately
- Group insurance
- GSM subscription
- Seniority days
- Platform to optimize year-end bonus to additional, personalized benefits
A fun and stimulating work environment:
- Transparent communication
- Technical coaching by our Senior IBM Power Engineers
- Modern, welfare-oriented offices
- A young, dynamic and future-oriented management
- Events: business trips abroad, sports and team building events, gala evenings, etc.
- Fresh fruit, free breakfast once a month, gaming room (darts, PlayStation, board games, kicker table,...), afterwork every Friday, and ... strong coffee ;-)
- Opportunity to grow rapidly, both vertically and horizontally
- Possibility to become a shareholder after 3-4 years