About this workshop
After completing this practical workshop you will be able to use Rational Developer for i for writing, maintaining and debugging RPG(LE) or Cobol programs.
You will learn how this eclipse based development tool can help you finding the right sources and objects, writing new programs and understanding and debugging existing programs.
During this workshop you will use a connection to your own IBM i environment.
After learning best practices for setting up your RDi environment, you will learn to use the extensive supporting features of Rational Developer for i and the on-line help to write, compile and debug new RPGLE or Cobol programs and to understand and maintain existing programs.
Skills to be learned
- Use Rational Developer for i to write, compile and debug new RPGLE or Cobol programs and to understand and maintain existing programs
- Learn useful features for faster development and better analysis of your sources
- Change the preferences in RDi for an optimal work environment
This workshop covers the following topics
- Part 1: Introduction and overview
- Part 2: Getting started with RDi
- Part 3: PDM perspective
- Part 4: Remote Systems Explorer (RSE)
- Part 5: Getting Help
- Part 6: LPEX editor
- Part 7: Visual debugger
- Part 8: DDS Design
- Part 9: Preferences and more
- Part 10: Useful shortcuts
- Part 11: References
- Handouts and presentation containing screenshots and examples
- This workshop is open to any developer
- Recent version of Rational Developer for i installed on your PC
- Connection available to your IBM i environment
- 2 days