What is Auto DBE for IBM i?
For every company using IBM i, the IBM i database is the data spider in the web. From multiple sides the database receives requests for information and/or requests to change information.
SQL plays an important role in this process, using ODBC/JDBC. We all know the SQL performance benefits from creating indexes, advised by the Index Advisor. Those extra indexes will definitely improve the SQL performance, but in general the Index Advisor remains untouched due to the absence of a database engineer.
That's where Auto DBE for IBM i comes in the picture.
Your virtual database engineer, powered by Artificial Intelligence
Auto DBE has automated the creation of advised indexes, based on the Index Advisor's data, and manages this process automatically, based on Artificial Intelligence. All you must do is to determine how often it has to be executed.
When created indexes do not meet the requirements any more, Auto DBE will automatically delete them. This process is being managed in a separate SQL Collection per database.
Your IBM i and SQL requests will perform better thanks to the automatic adjustments made by your virtual database engineer.
Indexes can always be removed during application maintenance without impacting IBM i applications.
Indexes deleted for performance reasons during application maintenance will be automatically recreated.
Our additional managed services offering for Auto DBE includes a regular monitoring, fine-tuning & optimization of Auto DBE by EASI's experts. By adding these services to your Auto DBE agreement, you're sure to exploit the full potential of the tool, and thus your IBM i applications.
230 € / month
- IBM i system managers that want to be sure their IBM i applications exploit the full potential of their SQL databases
- Companies that want to focus on their core business by trusting specific tasks to experienced professionals
- Capitalizing on IBM i investments
Think beyond the performance of your IBM i applications and enjoy our complete and flexible managed services offerings around IBM Power i.
Amongst the services we can offer around IBM i, you'll find:
- Infrastructure management & maintenance
- On-premise, private, hybrid & public cloud solutions
- Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions
- Security solutions
- Connectivity optimization
- IBM i application modernization & development
- RPG development training
- Project management & Change management methodologies
The pricing for our managed services offerings is always a custom price based on your specific needs.
- IT managers that want to sleep on both ears, and leave the full or partial management of their IBM i infrastructure to a trusted partner.